Why you should put your freaking phone away

1:38:00 PM

Notice that whenever you walk pass a restaurants or cafe, you'll see a bunch of people sitting together BUT not talking to each other. Instead they're more interested being on the phone than communicating with the person next to them? Sad isn't it? Well, that's a normal scene you see today. Regardless if it's a family outing, which I think even worst.

You know, I'm glad that my family were not that species. We were introduced to tech at a very late era. Our first phone was the Nokia 3310 when others are already using the 1st generation of smart phones. The fact that my father don't allow phone on dinner table, it makes us less dependent. Even today, if I left my phone at home, I don't bother turning back to get it unless I'm Tony Fernandez, making million of dollars a month which is not the case.

It came to my annoyance for the past few months that I kept hanging out with people who are more interested with their phone rather than making conversation. Seriously, I hate that. I'm trying to change the habit of not playing with my phone at home especially in the bedroom. I started to realize when me and Juan talk less cause we're so hooked up with our phone. The only thing we say to each other was 'good night'. So now I turn off my wifi when I enter the bedroom and I rarely reply any messages above 10pm unless necessary.

My point is, the reason that you and your friends hang out is to talk. So what is the use of 'hanging out' if your phone is your best friend. You don't talk, you don't communicate. So might as well you stay in your room and lazing around with your phone the whole day. I just don't get it.

Sometimes I realize when I talk, no one actually pay attention and it makes you feel as though you're talking to a wall. Have you got that feeling before? As though the Facebook and Instagram posts has more interesting stories than yours. So why did I even bother to hang out.

It is so sad to see that the new generations has lost sense of communication. Not that I say technology is bad. We need technology but to a certain extend. We don't need technology to have a physical communication right? So put your phone away for a couple of hours and just talk. Have a real conersation. Where have the good old days of  not relying on phones gone?

Image from Google.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram