Happy Mother's Day, mummy

1:41:00 PM

So today is the day where everyone celebrates their mothers. 

Everyone make a point to come home, book a restaurant in advance, cheering each other, have a nice meal and the next day, everyone's busy with their own thing

Unlike my family and I. As everyone stays in different state, we will normally give my mother a call and wish her 'Happy Mother's Day, mummy', chat a little, then say bye. Unconventional way on how we celebrate mother's day. #ikr. Unless if Mother's Day falls on Saturday. Yeap, Saturday. We'll bring her to dinner, chat about politics, this, that and drove home.

My mum often being portrayed as someone who chats a lot and garang. She loves to talk, not to forget, the big N.A.G. Whose mum doesn't right? But often her nagging comes from repetitive mistakes her children make or perhaps we didn't put the things back according to her way. Either one. But because of her nagging, the house were kept clean and neat. Even to the extend our clothes in the closet. They're arranged accordingly.

My mum quit her job right after she got married to my dad. She sacrificed her time to take care of us. making sure that meals are cooked, house are kept clean, laundries are washed. All of the above and many more that I may not know because I was small. I could not relate myself to her on how tiring it is being a full time housewife until I got married. I work in an office on weekdays and wear my housewife hat during the weekend. So basically I work 7 days a week. Even then, I still have spare time in between lunches. But being a mother, you have to be on alert 24/7. When your child doesn't go to bed, you have to stay awake, when you child doesn't want to eat you have to find a way to make her eat. Babies change their diapers hundred of times a day. Imagine that but times with 7.

I do not how my mother can make it through her 32 years of raising me and Dianah but definitely a challenging ones. My mum plays a very huge role when it comes to bringing the family together.  No matter what comes her way, she always have this strength and determination to make it through.

My mum has her own unique way of expressing her love for the family. Weird but true.For example,  she can be nagging and cooking our favorite meal, at the SAME TIME.

Mummy, Happy Mother's Day. May Allah showers you with all the good things in life and bless you with good health, good home and a great future ahead.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram