Anak Pantai Timur

10:06:00 AM

Most of my friends doesn't know where I was born. All they knew was I studied and lived in Perlis all my life. Partially right.

Well, I was born in USM Kubang Kerian but my family moved out of Kelantan when I was around 2 years old. After we moved, we still go back to Kelantan once a year to celebrate the Lunar festival because I still had an uncle (R.I.P) at that time. Until he moved to KL to be his kids, we stopped visiting Kota Bharu.

So this year, I made a point to visit my hometown again. We had a 1 night stay before headed over to Kuala Terengganu the next day. The one thing I hate most is the jam. Driving into Kota Bharu means playing around your accelerator and break ALL the time.

I love the food. Although I lived far where I was the born, the culture has always been a part of me. Every year, I've never miss the chance of having my favorite nasi dagang or nasi minyak.


This time around, we managed to visit the house where I was raised for a few years. My dad rented this small house when I was small. The landlord was kind enough to help in terms of providing milk powder and other necessities. We also had the chance to meet up with the same makcik who basically raised me too which happen to be the landlord too. It was a moment that brought us back to the 80's. Nothing has changed. The house is still as it is. I used to play around with her children at the courtyard and they used to carry me around the kampung. My family were in debt of what they have done for us when we were at the lowest point of our life.

How I am today was because of who I was in the past. I know how it feels to have nothing. To have just enough to survive the day. Everyone has a story to tell but they differ from each other. Do good onto others, you'll get the blessings of a lifetime. Just like my dad. Alhamdulillah, our family has lived happily and we had everything we need until today.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram