Service review: Teratak Spa, Bayan Baru

1:50:00 PM

As the wedding date gets closer, I'd thought I could get spa treatment for myself. So I browsed on the Internet on where is the best place to do it. This time, I wanted a Malay traditional spa treatment and not the usual Western style I used to go. There were only 2 available when the result came out. One of it was Teratak Spa. It looked nice and so Balinese. You can see it from the main wooden door itself. And as you step towards the receptionist, you're surrounded by trees and traditional music.

I called them and booked a session. I asked them a few questions and since I didn't know what type of package suitable for future bride. Plus this is my very first time signing up for a full treatment spa package. They then recommended me 'Permaisuri Impian' (RM390) which is a 2 hours and 45 minutes session. This package includes:

1. Floral Footbath
2. Holistic Body Massage
3. Chocolate Body Scrub
4. ‘Mandi Kepala’ with Coconut Milk
5. Strawberry Body Mask
6. Rose Petal Milk Bath

What I like most offered in the package was the Rose Petal Milk Bath and the 'Mandi Kepala' with Coconut milk. The fragrant smell of the coconut milk left my hair smell so good for days. Not to mention the Rose Petal Milk bath, goodness, your body just feel relax in that warm water mix with rose petals and milk and some 'pandan' leaves I believe. I leaves a sweet smell on your body as well.

These photos were taken via other website. Only the last 2 photos were taken by my mobile.


Upon reaching you will be asked to fill in a form about your personal details like what skin care do you use, what is your skin condition, do you have any disease, etc. But before, you'll be served with cold tamarind juice. It was super delicious but I didn't request for a second cup. Shame.

After that, you'll be shown to your room and they'll provide you a disposable panties and a 'kain batik'. After that the session starts. You can bring your own toiletries if you want to because you'll be provided with a clean towel for your shower after the milk bath, which is the last step of the package.

The one thing I notice about the service is that, the staff was very tentative of their surroundings. For example, when it was time for the massage session, aircond will be switched off and during the milk bath session, they'll leave you alone for about 20 mins for you to relax and privacy. The whole experience was satisfying.

I would definitely go again the next time. I believe that this is the best spa I have been so far. I would advise that you call them first prior to your visit. If you can ask them questions or perhaps if you have any concern. Should you have any disease, please inform them.








Address: 31, Jalan Tun Dr Awang, Taman Bayan Baru, 11950 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Phone:+60 4-644 4121
Hours: Open today · 12:00 am – 7:00 pm



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram