My reflection of 2018

11:42:00 AM

2018 has been challenging but great at the same time. Not only that, it changed my view on things that actually lead to happiness This year has opened my eyes on things I should be focusing this coming 2019.

I've been going on a self-reflection journey for the past couple of months. Looking back on things I have done right or wrong for this year. It has been an eye opener to not just me but the whole family. I have discovered so many things in life that surprises me. Plus, to get myself prepared to brace the new year.

I wanted 2019 to solely focus on things that really matters. With all this in mind, I guess I do not have time to think of other matters, which I think is good. When you have too much time in hand, your mind starts to wander off. That is why sometimes you're unable to achieve your goals. You're too distracted. I want to focus on positive things. Surround myself with good vibes only. Taking negative things that I consider as learning curve. Part and parcel of life which I cannot avoid and everyone of us knows that life consist of black and white, yin and yang, ups and downs, left and right. They come hand in hand and it is a matter of balancing both sides. You can't avoid them.

I realized that the smallest and simplest thing in life holds the biggest part in our heart. I learn to be grateful in many ways. I compare myself with people who are less fortunate and yet I complained so much. So what more do I want?

We're moving to a new house next year, insyaallah and I thought this is the best time for me to start fresh. Reorganize my entire life and future.

This year has been so good that we can only thank God for all the blessings and rezeki that me and Juan received. We were so overwhelming with what has happened in 2018. In a positive perspective. So for 2019, I thought it would be fair for me to repay His kindness by doing myself a favor in learning how to be a better Muslim, in every sense. It has to start with ourselves la kan.

I need to learn to sometimes pause and take 1 step back so that my mind is not overwhelmed with too many things. Being a working mum is hard. You have to juggle between your day time job and being a mum/wife. Sometimes you forget that your family is not your subordinates.

Ever since Isa came into our life, he taught me the meaning of patience. A meaning  I could not grasp before I had him. He also taught me to be very,very grateful with everything and anything I have in my life. Simple thing like giving him my pots and pans to play, he is already happy. I used to seek happiness in materials. It made me believe that the more materials you have, the more happier you'll be. The more friends you have, the better your support system is. But Isa change my perception of happiness. It's about simplicity. A really simple life because logically, at the end of your life, the only thing that you will bring together with you are your deeds.

One of the many videos I have watched recently, below is one of my favorite. How this refugee family see the simplest thing in their everyday life as something they treasure. I learn to appreciate the smallest thing I have in my possession. No matter how small they are because you might have something that other people have been longing to experience it like peace and safe. It's a very general word but to some extend, it means the world for others. Watch it and you'll understand why

So for 2019, I only wish the best for me and my family, travel more, spend quality time with people that matters, take time to reflect, be a good person, be humble, be grateful, take a step back when I feel overwhelmed and tak mau mengumpat orang dah (nie susah skit la *laughing*). And for this, I wish nothing but the best to everyone and Happy New Year.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram