When was the last time.........?

10:33:00 AM

This post was drafted while I was watching #engkauyangkupanggilibu Ariani Mother's Day campaign.

I rarely take photos with my mum. But I do have many photos with her as a kid. I have always talk about my dad. But behind the scene, my mum is the person who make sure that everything in the house run smoothly. From preparing our meals to sending us to school. Everything has to be done by her. This is because my dad were not at home, due to work commitment that requires him to travel. So basically it was only me, my sister and mum. Mum has been managing everything on her own. Dari drive kereta to riding bike to send me to music school. Jatuh motor pun ade but nothing serious.

My mum  doesn't really give in, in arguments. I definitely took her trait too. Stubborn. So most of the time, her children and husband will have to give in. Despite all that, mum has been working real hard. To make sure that the household is managed properly. She makes sure that everything is in order, until today.

Even when I have a kid now, she would call to ask if there's any help needed. What her cucu eat, how's his nursery, has he bathed, etc.

We fought a lot during my teenage years. We couldn't really see eye to eye. It was so bad to a point that my dad has to come back to resolve the issue. I couldn't understand the things that my mum had to do or imposed on me because at that point, it felt like I was being tied down, not being able to have the freedom to express myself. Everything has to be done in a certain way.

It was then.... But today, I started to understand all the rules and regulations that my parents enforced on me. It was to make sure that I do not deter from my purpose and goal, being disciplined. I bet if it's not because of my parents being strict on me, I wouldn't be where I am today. I may or may not understand why, but one thing for sure, I'm so grateful for those beating I got from my parents, especially from Cik Timah :-)

You may not understand why you have curfews, why you can't go out with that hot dude from school, why you have to go extra tuition, why your pocket money can't be increase, why this and why that. But believe me, you'll thank your mum once you've grown up and have a family of your own. For now, just tahan je....

Happy Mother's Day, mummy....




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram