THE BIRTH STORY OF #BABYJEDI Part 2

10:57:00 AM

If you haven't read about my journey in giving birth to #babyjedi, you can read it here

By the time I was fully dilated, it was about 3 pm. I was sleeping like a baby before that after getting a shot of pain killer at my butt. It was so good to get a quick rest after not being to sleep the whole night.

I felt a shake when I opened my eyes. It was the nurse who woke me up and asking me to push the baby. By the time my eyes were wide awake (but still drowsy), my gynae was in front of me with my legs wide open -__-' . It was a battle. The nurses and midwive asked me to push whenever I feel a contraction. I did and all I can feel is my shit splurging out. Oh God. In the end, they decided that #isayong had to be vacuumed out because I was losing energy and that it's taking too long for him to come out.

By the time I went 'kong', I could see the nurse was measuring #isayong and walking towards me (my visions were still blurry at that time). I had skin-to-skin contact for about an hour before I was pushed to my room. That was the last time I saw my baby until about 10pm, when the meds were 50% out of my system. I walked to the nursery to breastfeed him for the first time. Didn't have difficulty in walking but I walked slowly to make sure I didnt' tear the stitches open. I felt so awkward having a little human hanging onto your boob but the feeling was indescribable. I was very lucky that my milk kicked in even before I was in labor. It was around 3rd trimester and the fact that #isayong could latch right away, he makes breastfeeding quite a breeze although now I'm struggling a little on how to latch him properly. My labor was easy as well as my pregnancy. Now to focus on grooming #isayong into a #hipsterbaby .Hahahaha


Having #isayong and being a mother for the first time will always be the best memory I've ever had in my life. It's definitely a lifetime learning for all of us. I've always been scared about how things will turn out once the baby is here. Well, it was definitely a life changing experience. To be honest, I'm still adjusting myself as a mother, scheduling my activity around the baby, juggling between work and having to commute weekly to see him, planning his future savings, etc.  I was a wee bit adjusting at first but now , slowly I'm getting a hang of it. I told myself to take things one step at a time and not to overthink things, filtering out what's important and what's not. Planning is very important when you have a baby.

So those who's not ready to have a child yet, don't worry too much. Anak itu rezeki and alhamdulillah #isayong has been nothing but blessing to me, Juan and both my parents. You'll never be ready for anything so sometimes you have to go with the flow and let nature takes its course. Insyaallah, you'll be prepared than ever.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram