Friday love: To forgive

10:23:00 AM

As time goes by or as you age, your friend list shrink from 200 people to 10 close friends. Familiar? Of course. I believe it happens to everyone of us. As age catching up on us, we search for quality traits in a friend rather than 'Hey girlfriend' type of people. People who vanished the moment you need them in desperate time.

In friendship, people make mistakes. Mistakes that sometimes without realizing, you're hurting another party. Cause I was in that boat. There are few types of friends in this world (as far as I know) . 
1. Egoistic type
This is the type of people who doesn't admit their mistake even when it is pointed out clearly. He/she don't mind losing 1 friend thinking that he/she can make another 10 new friends

2. Merciful friend
This one is me. Very clearly. This type of friends apologize 10 thousand times when he/she makes mistake and work hard to mend the mistakes.

You see, no one is perfect. Neither do I but I come to realize that when you forgive someone and move on, it makes your life happier. When someone make mistake and try his/her level best to save the friendship, we often feel that person may need us desperately or 'Why should I?'. Look into the mirror and ask yourself whether have you make any mistake that hurt the person you care throughout your entire life? Of course you did. We are not robots. Conditioned to feel nothing, heartless, careless.

It was many weeks ago that I may have said something to a friend that he could not tolerate. But it was more of a direct truth rather than sugar coated sentences. I hardly sugar coat things when someone ask for my advise. Cause I believe in setting the right expectations. At the end of the day, everyone has to face the facts. That is my ideal of friendship. I know it hurts cause I have a best friend who will always tell me the truth when I ask for her opinion and I know it could stab you in the heart.

Regardless of my character, I have my own soft spot too. I forgive people easily although it could be the hardest thing to do but it is the most noble thing to do to help another person to move on and it makes you a happier individual. That innocent party can move on with his/her life because it wasn't the mistake that they did but have you thought about that person who is struggling to think of a million way on how to make it up to you? I can easily said 'I give up' but because I know what kind of friendship worth fighting for, I persevere BUT to a certain extend. 

 The point of my story is that along the way, sometimes you are given the upper hand and you could potentially turn on your alter ego and perhaps thinking that you're doing the right thing. Everyone makes mistakes, and never think that we are morally above them. No one can run from making mistake even the smallest one. To sit down and think thoroughly about the situation could possibly strengthen the friendship, perhaps better understanding of each other. What good a friend for if you can't accept his/her flaws because good and real people are hard to come by these days. People are so quick to judge your one mistake rather than looking back at all the good things you've done.

For now, I've tried my level best. I don't want to be looking back thinking 'I should have....'. Regrets that you'll carry throughout your life. It's choice you make.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram