...tapi tak boleh nampak gigi la

2:38:00 PM

So, less than a month, we'll be stepping on the land of the rising sun. If you ask me whether I'm excited or not, try to picture this. One of the AirBnb host that I booked an apartment with cannot communicate in English. She gave us a suggestion to look up on YouTube on how to get to her apartment -__-'. 2 seconds after watching the video, I only understood half cause the video was a fast forwarded one *there's an app for that in Iphone*. Hopefully we don't end up in Hiroshima instead of  Osaka.


This post is not about this so let's get to the point. 

We drove alllll the way to Sg.Petani last weekend just to renew our passport. Best part is we were supposed to wake at at 6.30am for subuh and then get ready but because we slept late the night before, I couldn't wake up. 'Kita p next week jer la' with my eyes still closed and that's my typical dialogue when we have early morning errand. I'm not a morning person okay. Slept back and 4 hours later I woke up with a change of mind. 'Jom kita bersiap and p buat passport'. We arrived at noon.

We have about 60 more applicants in front of us before it was our turn. We had 'brunch' and got back into the immigration office. This is the longest time I sit on a chair. 2 hours straight while doing some people watching with Juan because it was next to a bus station. So you can see many types of people.

Came my turn. Sat in front of an immigration officer. Had to change my tudung because they requires black color not some ombre shawl *sigh*. Sat down again and was asked to see the camera.

Me: Nak kena senyum atau tak?

Officer: Nak senyum pun takpa, tak mau pun takpa. Tapi......tak boleh nampak gigi

Me: Itu tak dapat sembunyi la.

When he said 'tapi', I knew that it will be about the buck tooth I have #whatswrongwithrabbitteeth
So I decided to just smile. It was not easy okay to smile while having to hide my buck tooth. The officer had a good laugh and so do I. 

Officer Hari has given the best customer service I've experienced when dealing with immigration. He greeted me with a smile and crack some jokes in between. Was very polite when talking and sweet looking guy. Thumbs up to you Mr.Hari.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram