Product review: GARNIER Eye Make-up remover (contact lens friendly)

8:00:00 AM

If there's one thing I can relate myself with other people who has short or long sighted problem is we have problem in getting ourselves contact lens friendly make up product especially make up remover.

The moment you put on those not-so -friendly make up, you'll end up with swollen or watery eyes. That's the last thing you wanna feel cause how will you be able to see that handsome guy in front of you? *joking*

I've tried numerous make up remover in the market. Some was okay and some gave me irritating after-use feeling. During my trip to Singapore, I bumped into Garnier products on the supermarket shelves. They took a row of the shelves. How can I not go crazy. The first that came into my mind was ' I need a make up remover' and I saw this half purple half clear liquid in a small bottle. I read the content and it was contact lens friendly. I jumped *crazy, I don't do that*

For a person with 22 years of experience in wearing spectacles AND contact lens, I suggest that you find a product that either says ophthalmologically tested or contact lens friendly written on their product. It will save you a LOT. Like you'll feel more comfortable wearing them.

What I love about this make up remover is that it doesn't leave oily residue although there is a layer of oil on top of it (make sure you shake before using). It wipes off mascara in a single swipe (waterproof mascara needs a few swipe though) and not leaving your eyes irritated.

Enriched with Arginine, it cares for your lashes by leaving a protective layer on them, resulting in visibly less lashes on the cotton pad. Shake bottle till the 2 layer mix perfectly. Apply a few drops to a cotton pad and hold against your eyes for a few seconds to allow makeup to dissolve.
Then gently wipe away, starting at the inner corner of your eye, moving outwards.
The formula is suitable for contact lens wearers.


However, not only you need to get yourself contact lens friendly product but there are a few things that as a person who wears contact lens on a daily basic needs to know:

Stick with oil-free products. At least around your eyes. "The oils found in creams and eye shadows can sometimes work their way through the natural contours of your face and into your eyes," explains Resnick. "Think of it like salad dressing: Oil and water won't mix, and your lenses will attract the oil." While it won't hurt your eyes, cloudy lenses will make seeing difficult.

Ask more of your mascara. No one likes clumpy mascaras, but you should really not like them if you wear contacts. And the same goes for mascaras that contain fibers, so stick to traditional lengthening and volumizing mascaras, not the ones with fiber particles.

Most importantly, always wash your hands.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram