The story of a lobster

9:27:00 AM

The last weekend was a much awaited weekend. You know why? *cough*. Me and Juan turned 1. Now I can be like those people on FB posting 'Terima kasih sayang kerana menyayangi diri ini bla bla bla bla'. No, I don't do that.

I have booked a night stay at the Copthorne Orchid Hotel a month before our anniversary date. Because it was a school holiday, I'd thought it's better to book a room earlier. To my disappointment, the hotel wasn't what I expected. From the receptionist to the condition of the hotel although the exterior of the hotel looks exclusive. I expected a squeaky clean bathroom with different selection of coffee and teas at the pantry not a leaking bathroom ceiling :-(.

At the reception counter:
I noticed that the there were few trainees at the reception with broken English but I assumed that they were Hotel Management course student. Judging by their younger looks. There were no greetings from them. It was a straight 'Yes?'. No smile no nothing. Really? Was that the first thing the uni taught you when it comes to greeting your guest? Ok,that....nevermind.

Then there was a couple who had problem with their room. I think so. A trainee attended their enquiry. Her senior assisted them after while. Mother-of-all, she spoke to the trainee as if there were no one around. Not enough with the condition of the hotel, the seniors don't even talk politely to her trainee. At least, bagi la muka kan. I think budget hotel uncle is way friendlier than this one. They should send their seniors for a hotel management training. Seriously.

That night, we went for a nice candle light dinner at Feringgi Garden. I've heard alot about this place. First impression, wow. The place reminded me alot about Sri Lanka. The interior of the restaurant make you feel as though you're in Italy? *this exaggerating* but hey, that was how I felt okay. 

The portion was quite big. In fact me and Juan ordered a plate of large lobster which at first we though we wanted to order a small one since neither of us had lobster before. We're jakun like that. So don't judge. The look of that creature itself gave me a chill.

We called the waiter and told him that we wanted to cancel our initial order. When we said we wanted to order a small lobster:

*gave a stare at Juan first*

Waiter: Small lobster is small. Not enough. *gave a grine*
He must be thinking that Juan will just swallow that whole small lobster.

Me: How big is small and how big is big?

Waiter: Eemm, like this
*showing the same size as the big and small lobster*

Me: Ok, we'll order big one. We both will share because I cannot eat much.

Waiter: Ok ok. One big lobster. Anything else?

Me: No that's all. Thank you.

 'Enough meh?'. I said 'Let's try first'. 

Then came the gigantic super lobster. 'Cam ni ja?'

As we keep digging that poor lobster, our stomach became so full that we left 1/4 of it on the plate. Could not finish it anymore. Man, the power of large lobster but surprisingly it tasted sweet. We couldn't say that the lobster tasted good because that was our first time. We aren't sure how lobster should taste like. Don't look down on that ugly sea creature next time.

Ok, the price. Ready to burn a hole in your pocket boys. The lobster we ate cost us RM140++. We ordered appetizer and it cost around RM20++. They even serve premier wagyu beef that cost RM350++. I swear I will not poop if I eat that beef. I can't say that it was a fine dining restaurant because there were loud music playing that night and you'll noticed that the guests consist of expatriate. However, we ended our night in our hotel room, watching TV with our buncit stomach.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to us.

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram