So how has it been after a year of annoying each other?

10:14:00 AM

Today marked our 1st anniversary as marido and esposa. So how has it been?

Well, to tell you the truth, it wasn't as bad as how some people pictured  it nor it was amazing or over the moon as how some clingy wife described it on Instagram or Facebook. For both of us, it was more about balance. There were times we smashed things on the floor *kidding* and there are times we got mushy-mushy over each other *to be fair, it was mainly me*


Juan doesn't really tell you that he cares but he express it through his actions. But after an incident (before we got married), he doesn't give me surprises anymore except if I point to him on certain occasions then the only surprise that I get is not knowing when he bought that item. Like my powerbank.


Ever since we got married, I tried to get Juan involve in some of my activities but we have our personal time once in a while. In marriage, it's good to have some 'me' time from each other. Taking a break from the daily chores. Marriage should not be a routine instead it should be something new to explore everyday.

We go for staycation or local vacation from time to time. We ask each other on how did our day went and talking random stuff. We also talk about what type of 'menantu' criteria we want to have *ok guys, that's too much*

Marriage is about learning and there's no full stop in finding out new things about your partner. Marriage is also about standing by your spouse through thick and think and that's what Juan did. Today, marriage is no longer about the wife cooks, wash, feed the baby, do the laundry, clean the house, entertain the husband all by herself. It's like business. Delegating task to ensure that the operation of the company can run smoothly, efficiently and it takes two to make sure the marriage is in order.

I couldn't be more grateful than having such a tolerant, patience and supportive husband. Looking back at what I went through during my younger days, I never thought that Allah would bring me a great husband. Although this is just worldly, but what I'm aiming for is to meet Juan in Jannah again, insyaallah. *sorry I'm not all mushy everytime. I have my machoness to jaga too, you know*

Wishing Juan a Happy 1st Anniversary. Looking forward to more 'Please feed the tortoise' chores.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram