Between honey lokam and nasi dagang

9:25:00 AM

It was the time of the year where all family members from all around Malaysia gather at one particular place. It is also the time where you can see more cars on the road than the usual days. Rest and relax area by the highway are filled with people.

As for me, I was still working on the eve of the goat year. Waiting for our Kuala Trengganu bound flight, transit from Subang airport, we sat at a coffee shop in the airport for lunch while I was typing away on my laptop, trying to finish up some work.

The plane ride was quite rough due to the clouds and strong wind up in the air. But what I like most about my trip with Fire Fly this time is the landing. Both actual fact. PNG-KL and KL-KT. It was a smooth landing.



My dad and mum started their journey earlier than us but on the same day. He wanted to avoid the jam. With the recent flood in the east coast, you'll expect a lot of buses, lorries, trucks and 4 wheel drives on the road. Travelling to the same direction but with different mission.

Arriving Kuala Trengganu is like a kid with a candy bar. I was born and raised in the east coast for a short period of time and although we have moved to the northern side of Malaysia 20 years ago, the east coast girl in me has never faded. I still feel excited and the food has been a part of me since birth.





I was wearing an orange top from Brands Outlet and palazzo pants from Time Square, KL. This was taken on the first day of the goat year. We were heading to my eldest uncle's place where all of us gather every year. Except this year, the number of cousins were less as some of them were away for holiday.



This is my nieces.The called me by my name instead of 'aunty' which they should have but it would be very awkward. The age gap was not huge so I was okay. At least I could feel young again despite my age has reach the big 3-0.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram