Service Review: Seri Pacific Malaysia

3:02:00 PM

We had a terrible stay at a hotel on our first night. The booking was done via bookings.com. Apparently, the rooms where refurbished(in the photos) but when we reached, the hotel looked so dull and spooky. At one point it even looked like a prostitution nest. Even the hallway towards our room were dark. The hotel doesn't look welcoming at all and has this bad vibe. The hotel was situated right in the middle of Chow Kit. Right in the middle of bazaars and jams on normal days. The toilet were not clean. With used  shampoo bottles on the floor, baby cockroaches running around. The bed sheet didn't smell good too.

I did not had a good feeling when I entered the hotel for check in. I almost cried telling Juan when we entered our room. It felt so wrong but I had no choice because it was midnight and we were very tired as Juan drove from Penang right after work.

We went down again to the receptionist and request for just a one night stay and got the payment for my 2nd night stay reverted back into my card. The same night, we browsed for another hotel and found quite a decent price for a 4 star hotel, Seri Pacific Malaysia. The hotel were so gorgeous that I almost didn't want to go out.

One thing I learnt is, don't be scared to spend a little more on your accommodation but not to splurge as well. As long as the hotel looks clean, bright and the area is consider safe, that will do.

I would highly recommend anyone to spend a night here. Awarded with Outstanding Hotel Partner Award in 2012, I must say this the hotel to stay when you travel to Kuala Lumpur. But do check the rates on bookings.com or agoda.com








I was complaining on why such nice hotel did not provide coffee and tea for their guest. I thought perhaps the beverages were not included because of the rate on Bookings.com website. You know, when you book a hotel at a lower rate, there are things that you don't get.

Then Juan started to do his little investigation and tadaaaaaaaaa, the mini bar! It felt whole again.

Most of the cabinets are built in. Even the ironing station in the next cabinet. So the room looked tidy and clean.










We had our shower and all. But before we did, I filled the bath tub with shower gel and water. So there were bubbles in the tub so that Juan could 'rendam' himself for about half and hour. This was supposed to be his post-birthday trip, remember?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram