The Wedding Chapter : The day of the shoot

9:43:00 AM

Anxiety and worry that my nude bra might fall off in the middle of the photo shoot, rain, sleepy. Everythingggg but it went so well..Alhamdulillah except it rained for a while during the outdoor shoot, but it stopped half way. 
I was hoping to take an outdoor shoot with sunset as the background. I was disappointed at first because the cloud blocked the sun due to the rain but it came out again and we managed to get a good shot, and I'm happy with it.
My scene should have started at 3 but I reached early and I'm glad I did that because when we reached around 1pm, the makeup and hairdo took about 2 hours. So eventually we started around 3 plus. Amendment has to be made to all of my dresses because my size was too small. So while  the lady made some changes to my dresses, I sat down to do my makeup. I was happy with the outcome.

Tips: During your photo shoot, bring 1 extra high heel for the lady and 1 formal black shoe for the man. Try finding one beige in color,preferably with lace. Lace goes well with any dresses. No black heels please ladies, if possible. 

For an outdoor shoot,  get yourself a different heels that you won't be wearing for your actual day. Most of the shots will not be able to see your heels Like me, because I was too 'smart'. It was hard to find a last minute heels because I have difficulties in finding my size which is size 3 for adult=size 2 kids. But because I have a short train on my actual day, I guess it would do the cover up on the scratches at the tip of my heels.

As for the ampoule, in my opinion, they're not necessary. I've blogged about it here. What's more important, roughly 1 month prior to your wedding photo shoot, pratise a good routine like eat more fruits and vege, drink less caffeinated or carbonated beverages, get enough rest, don't meddle with your pimples, go for facial 2 weeks before and EXERCISE!! You'll soooo gonna need them on the day of the shoot. It felt like you have ran a 3km marathon the day before.

Wear a button up t-shirt during your session. Because once you are done with your hairdo and makeup, it will be a hassle to pull off your clothes from the top like you usually do at home.

For the boys, buy yourself 1 plain and cheap t-shirt , to be worn under your coat during the shoot. If you have a white long sleeve shirt, bring that too. Because, if the length of the sleeves of the coat doesn't fit you (those with long arms), the long sleeve shirt will help you.

Finalize on the studio venue, time,date, final choice of dresses and coat 1 month before the shoot and again 2 weeks before. This is just to be sure that the client and planner are on the same page.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram