The birth story of #babyjedi

2:17:00 PM

As I type this, #babyjedi is currently sleeping in front of the TV while my parents are away to visit the passing of our neighbor. So I'm all alone. I'm almost 2 months into motherhood but it has been nothing but amazing and a learning phase for me and Juan.

I'm very blessed to have a smooth pregnancy as well as delivery. Alhamdulillah.

It all started on the 16th Feb midnight around 11pm when me and Juan were about to head to bed. Since it was my first pregnancy, I couldn't differentiate between Brixton Hicks or a real contraction. I don't even know how Braxton Hicks feels like. I assume it was just a normal phase in a final trimester. I tried to switch position like how I normally do but this time, it didn't work. I rule out 50% that it was real labor because my expectation is that I would deliver after my DUE DATE. That's what normally happens to first time mother-to-be. I end up sitting on the couch till 4 am and that was when I felt a sharp pain, come and go, 15 to 20 minutes interval, below my abdomen. I woke Juan up and decided to head to the emergency department at the hospital.

Upon reaching the hospital, I was wheeled to a small room to check my cervix. The nurse told me that my cervix has soften, however there was no opening yet but there was mild contraction. I was hooked up onto a machine for 30 minutes to monitor the baby's heart beat. Juan was there the whole time. After that 30 minutes, the nurse confirmed that baby was in good condition and asked me if I want to be warded. I decided to go home since there was no opening.

Reaching home, I continue sitting down on the couch while Juan went back to bed. I didn't sleep till 8am when my contraction came so hard but bearable that I couldn't even close my eyes. This time, it was around 5 to 10 minutes interval. I woke Juan up and decided to head to the hospital.....AGAIN. This time, I decided to be warded.

It was 9am when I was wheeled into the labor room. It felt like forever before I was told to pushed the baby out. Everything was fine until around 12pm when the nurse came in to check on my progress. I was only 2cm dilated so they has to induced me further so that my cervix dilates faster since my water bag has broken earlier that morning without me realizing it. But I told the nurse that I felt a gush of water coming out while I was in the toilet doing my business earlier on. I thought it was my urine. So to avoid any complications, doctor decided to fasten the delivery process.

Within 15 minutes being induced, I felt as of my stomach was about to burst -__-. I told myself that this is going to be my first and last experience being pregnant. To make it worst, the nurse had to increase the dose. Within 2 hours I was dilated 7cm!!!. Woah!!!, That was the start of everything.....



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram