My bad experience with Redbus.com.my

9:18:00 AM

I had only 5 days before we were supposed to depart to Singapore to celebrate our Aidilfitri. At that time, we have yet to purchase our return tickets for 4 pax.

You see, my mum decided to travel a few days earlier to help out my aunt cause this time, she wanted to cook for the family. So I decided to travel by air with my dad and Juan. It happened. But not return. I wanted to wait for the price of the flight tickets to go down before purchasing but this didn't happen too. I know, it was my fault. So we resorted using the bus to come back to Penang.
One day, Juan came back from work and told me that his friend had bought a RM1 ticket to and fro Singapore via redbus.my. I told that it was too good to be true and he said that his friend managed to do it and INSISTED that we try since it's cheap. I thought why not but I was quite hesitated at first.

By the time we wanted to book our tickets, the RM1 was not available for that particular date we chose but we had a 20% discount, which is also cheaper compared to if I were to buy it over the counter. So we settled for that. Keyed in the date and total price, punched in my credit card and my card was charged but there was an error occurred on the website. I refreshed it and nothing happened. A few seconds later, Juan's mobile received a notification that our transaction had failed and that refund will be done within 2 weeks.You know what it didn't happen and no one called me.



So when my credit card statement arrived, I noticed there was a transaction from this company so I called them to verify. They denied in charging my card and advised me to call my bank for further checking. I called my bank and they confirmed that the company has charged my credit card and gave me an approval code of the merchant terminal.

I called the customer care again and at first they denied of finding any of my transaction. They requested me to give them the last 4 digit of my credit card and so I did and they found the transaction. I argued with them stating that if they did not charge my card, how can a transaction being printed on my statement. It couldn't be an error from the bank although it can happen sometimes. They later told me to give them 24 hour for further investigations with their payment team and have yet to receive any update from them.

This issue has yet to resolve but I will continue in the later part.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram