Returning to the old days

9:57:00 AM

This company was my first ever real job. 4 years spent has been a wonderful journey. I met new people and learn new things everyday. Those were the time of joy and tears. It has been my best and worst years.

Reason why I could relate much myself to this company is because the people itself. They're mostly my age and that's the reason why I could spend many years in that company and still kept in touch with some of them. The company has come a long way. More than a decade since its operation, things have since changed. From the people, the product, the process, system as well as management style. I could say it is more of a Gen Y company. The communication style was also different from top to bottom level.

I get to hands on a lot throughout my tenant here. Things that I can never find in other company. Leaving the company was, I believe, the best decision I made. I bring along what I have learned there to my current job. I do not want to be the person who stays in that same position for the rest of their  life. I want to move forward. 

Going back to the office during the family day last few weeks definitely brought a lot memories that I will definitely tell my kids. My team and I has been working real hard and give our all. I was not the first one to leave among all. The transition was in stages. But each person who were there to witness how our team have grown, will definitely be proud. All the overtime, sweat and effort we put has definitely made all of us close. We could relate ourselves to each other and whenever I have a bad day at work, those memories I had with them can overcome.

I really miss those take outs we had when we had projects or the times when we had to stay back in order to finish up our work. Gossip time, lunch hour, team building. All of the things that I would love to rewind and experience again. I never felt the same team spirit in anywhere else as much as I did in this team. We go through everything as a team and not just blaming the mistake on one particular individual. We took the responsibility as a team.

I am very proud to tell people that I worked in this company cause not everyone has got the chance to work in a mega computer company. The fact that my team was an awesome team, that adds on to being proud. Working here was not about dragging myself to work, it's about wanting to create a new memory with them. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram