Syawal prep

10:16:00 AM

Syawal is in a few days time and I'm very sure that some of you are busy making and preparing kuih, or rushing to buy your Aidilfitri outfit too.  Well, I have settled mine months ago except Juan have not found his baju Melayu yet. 

For this year, I have prepared myself a maxi dress and as usual from Poplook. It's never easy to find clothes with my size, petite. Let alone shoes *I wear size 3*. For shoes, I shop at the kid section *kid you not*. To avoid embarrassment, I normally asked Juan to ask the shopkeeper what's their smallest shoe size. It's easier if I were to shop in Vincci, I'll just get the staff to hand me any size 3 shoes or sandal, lay them in a line in front of me, then from there I choose the ones that I like most *fefeeling chauffeur gitu kan* I think because of my petite size, people hardly take me seriously *sigh*

Syawal preparation are as usual *not that I started baking*. The first Raya morning will be at the in-laws, then we'll be leaving to my hometown the same afternoon. Traffic will not be as bad as the night before *you'll cling to your steering wheel and cry*. I bet that happen all over Malaysia as everyone are rushing back to their hometown.

That WAS the initially plan. But changes has to be made. Working with others is not the same like having your own company. It's not that flexible. A colleague of mine had asked me to cover the 1st Raya as she and her husband with their kid will be spending the Raya holiday in KL. She's a non-Muslim and I will not reveal her race *don't want this to be a controversial thing*.

Ok, I'm trying to keep my cool here. I'm not trying to rant but I was REALLY looking forward to spend the holiday with my parents. I rarely have 4 days of holiday and I rarely take the time off from work. So I'd thought that I could take the Raya holiday as opportunity to spend my time with both parents. So when I knew I had to come back to the office on first day of raya, what do you think?

I keep my mind on the positive side. Taking my father's word 'You do good, you get good things'. So that was the first news I receive pre-Aidilfitri :-(

Wearing Kipling sling bag, By Alexa Blue printed cotton shawl (coming soon)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram