Make do

11:05:00 AM

As you can see from my Instagram post, this weekend took away a lot of my energy and strength. It tested my body in the longest year. I rarely fall sick (praises to Allah) but when I do, it crippled me. Everything seems not important to me anymore. All I think of was to get better so that I can go back to my normal routine again.

Being an individual who can't bear to see a single hair strand on the floor, it makes me feel so lifeless not being able to hold the broom and mop. But you know, there are still dirty laundry needs to be done.

Falling sick like this but still have the need to do some house chores make me realize that being a full time house wife or SAHM (stay at home mum) is a job that we should respect. All the while, I thought being a full time mum is just taking care of the kids as well as manages the house, by noon, their feet will be on the couch, watching their favorite Korean drama. Well, I was wrong. The never ending task at home is much more compared to office work.


Being at home full time with the kids means you gotta divide your time between cooking, feeding the kids, laundry, planning for tomorrow's menu and whatever that needs to be done. I'd say that SAHM is all in one job. From planning the parts, to marketing to accounting to buyer and planner, to manager, to makcik cleaner, to baby sitter to driver to chef. The end product is a squeaky clean house, food on the table. Pheeww. I have a full time job 8 to 5, but when I get home, the 'housewife' mode is switch on. I get the laundry done, it's either me or Juan does the cooking and washing the dishes, get the toilet clean, sweep and mop the floor. During the weekend, I do spring cleaning. But now I do the laundry twice a week, unlike previously, I do it on a daily basis because I can't stand having laundries pile up. There is no way I can be a perfect housewife where I can get everything done perfectly at the same time, having to manage my workload from the office.

All this is done without any children or baby with me. Imagine adding a baby into my daily chores. Me.cannot.imagine.

*On another side, I broke my mop wood into 2 like 3 times within 7 months span* My mum said it's either I chew on the wood or I had superwoman power. I rather take the 2nd one:-)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram