Friday love: Friends with 'benefit'

10:07:00 AM

 Seek a true friend, for a friend seeks the benefit of a friend, Do good to the people for the sake of God or for the peace of your own soul that you may always see what is pure and save your heart from the darkness of hate. 

I've known these bunch since high school. 2 years down the road, our friendship is turning 20 years. I wonder how we could keep this friendship alive when most of us are now busy managing families, juggling work and babies plus we all stay in different states yet we all still have time for each other.

Although we visit each other every Aidilfitri, it never felt like we have not seen each other for a year. The laughter and the talks that we have has always been the same except this time around, it was more about breastfeeding, milk, bottles, rashes, solid food and other baby topics. It was interesting to see how our lives changed from being a high school wrack into mothers.

It has been a wild ride for the past 20 years. We fought and argued too, just like other people. I used to wonder how my parents managed to keep their friendship for more than 30 years but now, I know how they did it. It's about tolerance, appreciation, keeping the right company. It's more of a give and take relationship. Just like marriage.

I was the wildest one and the most problematic among my friends but they have never once judge me. The worst they did was nagging and that's it. Although I have different sets of friends (even some of them I regarded as close friends), I have yet to find the qualities that these people have. The society that we live in today are very judgmental and fake, therefore the good qualities that you want to find in a real friend are hard. They're like diamonds,

I realize that at one point, I was drifted with the city friends that the real friends I have did not receive any text from me, even the simplest 'Assalamualaikum'. I felt so bad that I started to do some 'filtering' on friends that I should keep close to my heart. A spring cleaning that I do mentally including on my social media. 

As your age is catching up, you want less drama in life, you started to ignore the negativity from your external surrounding. You just want to be in a group that lift your spirit up, be there when you needed them.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram