Ipoh roadtrip : Day 3

9:47:00 AM

 Juan was currently snoring away while I was typing this post. His snore could be heard miles away. I think some of you can relate it to me right. At times, I'll shake him up as if there were earth quake or I'll put something in his mouth so that he'll wake up. Hahaha. Not funny? Ok fine.

If there is one word I could use to describe Ipoh, it would be historical and wow. I've been to Ipoh numerous times but never actually explore the city. So the last long weekend, me and the parents decided to visit places we've never been before around Perak. We even drove as far into Gopeng and Batu Gajah. They were around 45 minutes drive from the hotel we stayed.

As we arrived, we showered, took some rest and I googled interesting places in Ipoh for our 2nd day. Apparently there are many historical places. Places that we've learnt in our Sejarah text book back in high school.

We spent our first day in the heart of Ipoh. Not anywhere out of the city, so Ipoh Parade it was. We had late lunch and bought some snacks.

The few places that we visited before heading back to Penang were Galeri Sultan Azlan Shah, Istana Kenangan, Gua Tempurung, Kota Ngah Ibrahim.

Wearing jersey blue short sleeve dress from Gurney Plaza, long sleeve stripped top from TLA online, carry-all bag from Changi Airport.


The new Palace Iskandariah

 Out last pit stop before we left for Penang ; Kota Ngah Ibrahim.

The fort was built in the 1870s as the private residence of Ngah Ibrahim, a Malay statesman in Perak. After the murder of J.W.W. Birch, the first British Resident in Perak at Pasir Salak on 1 November 1875, the fort became a court for the trial of Birch's murder.


We wanted to visit the museum but it was closed for renovation.


Then it was time to head home. I wish the weekend will always be there forever and ever. We had to skip a few places due to time constraint. But I would love to visit Ipoh again some day. Exploring the historical side of it.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram