What is your most favorite keepsake?

12:33:00 AM

I was inspired by one of our top Malaysia artist FB post, Red Hong Yi that I wanted to share a post on what's my favorite thing of all time.

Recently Hong Yi posted a post on her FB page that she decided to organize a solo exhibition, hopefully by end of next year. She was asking for a favor from her account followers on what are their most meaningful object. It could be a gift or something that you have bought yourself. You can read about Red Hong Yi here.

So today I would like to share with you, my favorite object of all time. Possibly the only one.

It's a watch that was presented to me by my father on my 21st birthday. The time when my father was working in Sri Lanka. The fact that the watch came from the other side of the globe, makes it even special.

I've been fond for watches since I was a kid. I'll ask for watch as my birthday present, every year.

This watch basically grew up with me. I love this watch perhaps because it symbolizes my adulthood. My dad said that I should get a proper watch as I'll be entering into the working world in the next few years. So he wanted to get me something decent.


I wanted something classic yet chic look, and stainless steel watches has been my preference, therefore the Tissot PR50 became my choice, Stainless steel can never go out of style and they're everlasting.

 Wherever I go, she comes with me and I would never trade anything for it. My dad don't spend unnecessary because he knew, it is never easy to earn a living especially when you're abroad, away from the family. He has never bought anything expensive for himself. So for him to present me that watch means a lot.

Until today, I wear the watch everywhere. Sometimes to the office or formal functions. That watch gives me the sense of warmness that is hard to explain. But definitely I'll keep the watch for until the end of time.
Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. 
~Ruth E. Renkel





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram