The old place I love

8:19:00 AM

I was back in my hometown last weekend. It was the usual monthly thing that I do except that I skipped the trip back home last month. Spent my December in Singapore during the holidays.

This time, I had a goal in my mind. To have my nasi kandar that I used to have back when I was small. It was still the same old small cart placed in front of a clinic. The clinic was also the place where the doctors saw me and my sister grew up. 

I was pretty excite. Not knowing on what to expect of the taste. Well, to my surprised it tasted the same and I was a happy girl.

The nasi kandar starts their operation around 6pm until for as long as there's still food left. But it's better to go early as the queue can be quite long later in the evening. Seats were also very limited. 

Fatimah nasi kandar is a family business established more than 30 years ago. The nasi kandar is much different that the one you see in Penang. It's more a like of nasi tomato. You should try once.


After dinner, my dad brought us to a newly opened rojak shop. The concept was the same as the nasi kandar except now, they have their own shop lot. But the unique thing is that, they incorporated their old fruit cart in the shop itself.  Their specialty? Of course, their rojak. They too saw me and my sister grew up. In a small town like Perlis, people basically knows each other. You can't run or hide from one another. We also live harmoniously. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram