Service review : Noor and Dean

8:43:00 AM

By Juan Rafel

I love food especially Western. But I can do local cuisine as well. My wife has a different taste. She prefers the authentic 'masakan kampung'. Although she has a Chinese blood line in her, but we both both agree that I'm more Chinese than her.

I read food blog from time to time. Hunting for good food has always been my favorite past time during the weekend.

So I've been reading about Noor and Dean for quite some time now. So I thought why not give it a try a few weekends before. 

Dining in Noor & Dean’s Cafe is a stroll down the memory lane. The atmosphere boasts collectibles depicting historical community of yesteryears Penang, all accompanied by a casual and tasteful menu ranging from favorite local delicacies to Western. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served seven days a week. Before dining, join us in the heritage Dean’s Lounge, enjoy our caffe or vino while socializing with friends and loved ones. Come and jump into our time machine.

Noor and Dean was featured on TripAdvisor so I believe that this cafe is a must go place when you visit Penang. Situated along a row of shop houses in front of 1st Avenue, this cafe looks like it came from the past. The deco of the cafe are mainly antiques.

You can have delicacies like cucur udang (prawn fritters) and surprisingly they're delicious although the price is slightly expensive compare to those in mamak stall. The place is also cosy and you can hear jazz music playing in the background.

Noor and Dean cafe is partially cafe and partially boutique hotel. The rooms are situated on the 2nd floor of the old building.

71 & 73, Noordin Street, Heritage City of Georgetown, 10300 Penang, Malaysia. info@noordinstreethouse.com
Tel: 604-262 7173 Fax: 604-2627172








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram