Our Aidiladha

10:28:00 AM

I guess I had the best Aidiladha by far. We don't normally celebrate in the previous years but I think it was different this time. Given that all of us are married, one with a kid and one more is mummy-to-be. Nothing happier than having good friends coming over and enjoying each other's company.

Alla wanted to have 'Chang' this time. She has been telling me this for quite some time. My mum bought the ingredients before we were home for raya and prepared them beforehand. She also cooked rendang, dalca and nasi minyak this time for the guest.

My friends even had the opportunity to learn the 'art' of making 'Chang'. Hahaha. Even my wedding planner was there as well. Funny. She was in charge of my wedding arrangement, and now she's there as a guest.










Balance from making the 'Chang', my mum used them to make 'Loh Mai Kai', which is one of my favorite delicacy. Learned to eat this from my aunty. The ingredients are similar to 'Chang'. But because my mum didn't want it to go to waste, so she filled the remaining in a small tin bowl and steamed them. They were ready to be eaten the next day. We had them for breakfast.




We went for a trip to Padang Besar. I can't remember when was my last trip. Things have changed a lot since then. Padang Besar is a must visit place when visiting Perlis. It's a place where you can find all sort of products mainly coming from Thailand. Cheap bed sheets, carpets, fake designer handbags, travel bags, kitchenware and many more. Just name it. 

The journey tookabout 30 minutes from the city of Kangar. I suggest that you drive there because public transport in Perlis is not as efficient as in the big cities. We do not have Rapid KL or Rapid Penang and we still use old buses like previously used in Penang (Hin Company).



The night after my friends came over, we drove to Alla's open house in Alor Star. We had the opportunity to tour around her mum's new place. It was spacious with big porch where 2 cars can fit in. It has a high ceiling which means there's room for air circulation.



Can you spot me?
Alla received her wedding album and looking through again makes me feel how both of us has changed. We went through a lot together but we were there for each other. After 17 years, we're still best friends and now that we have our own family and married to the man we love.

 Friends like this doesn't come that often, so you bump into one, make sure you take good care of them.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram