Of having children

4:12:00 PM

You know, once you're married, you have to realized that your priority changes. Especially for the man. You attention swift to another person who, you barely knew in your life. Well, it's a risk but everything comes with it. It's a circle of life.Life can be....strange at time. How the universe work, you can't question. 

Well, ever since I got married, there are tonnes of things to plan. Though we have been married for 2 months now, it's time to plan for our retirement, insurance coverage, kids (if you're now planning for one), in case anything happens to you. Spreading out whatever possibilities or emergencies that might occur in the long run. With all cost is rising, you have to be watchful on what you spend. I'm trying to curb the 'oh-that-purse-is-pretty' in me. It's hard, woman. It is. So every time when I asked Juan to buy me some thing, he'll go like 'Do you need this?'. I'll be like walking away. Potong stim at first but eventually I realized how important it is to not spend unnecessarily although my dad has been trying to teach me millions of times but half fail. Hahaha.

As far as I'm concern on kids, me and Juan decided that we will only have them once we're (practically me) ready. Planning a kid is not like planning a vacation where you can cancel at a very last minute. Once it starts, it'll never stops.

People kept questioning me on when I plan to have one consider that my age is reaching the big 3-0 soon. That it'll be hard for me to have one as I get older. They'll give the worst scenario they can think of, convincing me that having a baby at a later age can cause you other complications. It doesn't hurt me. Annoying question to be exact. I know their intention is good. But, is there a need to ask that question? Seriously?. 

Our society has this thing where, once you get married, you need to have kid asap. If you do not have one, it might mean that either one of you is incapable. Yes, it happens but not to everyone. People have different sets of mindset. Not that both of us don't want to have kids but it's not the right time yet.

The idea of having small little creatures running around the house has not reach my head yet. Not wanting to be a zombie the next day due to breastfeeding the night before. Many of my friends said, you'll change your mind when you see your baby, that the regret of having to carry her/him for the past 9 months, all the sleepless night, the vomiting, the cravings flew right out of the window. Well, I can't imagine that yet.

For know, I would like to explore the possibilities with my partner. Do things together in a halal way. Explore the world while we can. Try new things. Eat new food. It's fun. Most important is getting back on track after spending every dime we have on our wedding.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram