The Wedding Chapter: Bride with the size of 2

9:33:00 AM

When I go to work, I only have 2 shoes to wear. One is my black flats that I normally wear to the office and at times I wear my H&M green army sneakers (kids size, mind you). Finding a shoe that perfectly fit me is never easy, sometimes, I give up. But when I feel like purchasing a new shoe, I normally ask Juan to ask the sales girl on what is the smallest size available instead of I ask myself. Embarrassed to be exact.

So when I planned this wedding, I thought I can easily find my wedding heels in Charles and Keith. Turns out, it wasn't. Went to Payless Shoe, disappointment. The only wedding shoe that I managed to get was a pair of white lace heels with gold trimming.

The story begins when me and my friends were out for a catch up lunch over the weekend and one of them loves Charles and Keith. We were looking through their latest collections when I spotted that lace heels. 'I have to get that' I told myself, but they were out of size 3. So I requested if they can call their other outlet if the same one is available. Sadly no. Then a few weeks before the wedding, me and Juan drove down to KL for our 2nd session of wedding shoot. We went KLCC and I saw a crowd at the Charles and Keith outlet (basement). We went in and I saw the same design that I wanted. I quickly ask the salesgirl if size 3 is available and she said they had one last pair. Tried them on and purchased right away. 1 done, 2 more to go.


See, I need 3 pairs of shoe for my wedding. 1 is for my reception, 1 is for the tea ceremony and 1 more is for the groom's side. After buying the lace heels for the groom side, it was time to hunt for the other 2. I had my reception heels customized from an old shoe maker in Komtar . I use the leftover fabric from my songket. As for the tea ceremony, I needed a flat. I thought I could get it somewhere from the kid's section for as long as they're red. But most kids' designs are either bedazzled, too much of lace or the color tone doesn't match with the tea ceremony outfit.

In the end, I had to get them customized as well. I asked the shoe maker if there's any left over of songket after using it for the reception heels. Lucky me, it was just enough for that last pair of shoe.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram