The Wedding Chapter: Borang nikah

10:03:00 AM

I took an extra leave on 2nd of May, a day after the labor day which falls on the 1st day of May. Reason being, I needed to pass my ROM application form or 'borang nikah'. It was lucky for me that Alla and Rozaimi were back in Perlis for that weekend. So they picked me up and we drove to the State Religious Department in Perlis. To my surprise, the process of the submission was easy peasy. It was not as hard as some claimed. The only hassle was you need to photocopy your identification card and you future spouse, a copy of a document to prove that your dad is a mualaf (if he is), just the front cover of the conversion document is enough, documents from the groom side, borang M and borang O(for the bride). 

At the 3rd page of the borang M, refer to which Qaryah you belong to (you can check with the religious officer when you take the forms) and contact the Imam of the mosque to obtain his stamping and signature. The Imam will also act as Kadi on the day of your ROM/nikah. Imam will also help you to get 2 witnesses on the day of the ROM as well. There will be 2 witnesses needed for the borang M(only for the bride side). It can be either your brother, uncle or neighbor who knows you well. But please be mindful that, you CANNOT get 2 of your brothers (if you have 2) because they were born by the same mother. For example, it should be one of your brother and another witness can be your uncle/neighbor. If you do not have brothers, the witnesses should come from 2 of your neighbors. Remember to obtain a photocopy of their identification card too.

Since I had 4 days of holiday, I'd thought it would be nice to spend some time with my father. We hardly have the time where only 2 of us were there. It was either Dianah with my dad or my mum with my dad. Coincidentally, my mother was in Singapore. She only comes back a day after I left for Penang. Didn't had the chance to cook because I do not know where Cik Timah store her pots and pants, cutleries, and what needed for cooking. So it was pretty hard to move around the kitchen. But I did clean up the house though. We went to Alor Star on Saturday to find cushions for 2 of my DIY refurbished furniture and had dinner as well.

<mobile photos>







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram