Product review: Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Toner

6:31:00 PM

I don't have sensitive skin and my skin can tolerate with any products in the market. Lucky me. But I'm prone to breakouts, mainly on my chin. A toner with alcohol will make it even worst. As my wedding date comes nearer, I needed something that will not make the breakout come to its worst state. Also I needed something to calm my skin so that it will be even smoother.

I walked into Kiehl's store a few months ago in Gurney Plaza (first time ever since their opening). It wasn't a plan purchase but I was 'influenced' by the sales girl. No, it wasn't my fault ok. As I was taking my own sweet time, Juan walked out of the store and lepak in the toilet. He's just scared that I'll cost him a hole in his pocket.

So I was explaining to this sales girl about my concern, she recommended me their new Calendula Herbal Extract toner. It was one of their best selling product. The toner smells like chrysanthemum tea, even the flower looks like that.

Marigold or more commonly Calendula has been used medicinally for centuries. Traditionally, it has been used to treat conjunctivitis, blepharitis, eczema, gastritis, minor burns including sunburns, warts, and minor injuries such as sprains and wounds. It has also been used to treat cramps, coughs, and snake bites. Calendula has a high content of flavonoids, chemicals that act as anti-oxidants in the body. Anti-oxidants are thought to protect body cells from damage caused by a chemical process called oxidation. Oxidation produces oxygen free radicals, natural chemicals that may suppress immune function.
Calendula has been considered beneficial in reducing inflammation and promoting wound healing. It has been used to treat a variety of skin diseases and has been seen effective in treatment of skin ulcerations, eczema, juvenile acne and dry phthiriasis. Improvement has been seen in as little as 3-4 days of treatment according to the Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie.

The first day I started using this toner, my skin felt so fresh and it does not dry out like a normal alcohol based toner does. My breakout even went down and the redness even started to fade away. You don't feel the cut-like sensation when you dab it on your acne/wound. The toner is available in 2 sizes  but I purchased the 125ml, RM80. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram